Sunday, September 07, 2008

3 Weddings & 1 year of Honeymoon

How many people get to say that!

It has been any amazing 3 months since Jake and I stopped working. Between time in Columbus, time at the cottage and in Montreal, it has been an experience.

I don't think we could have pulled it off had we been working. The amount of time we spent at the cottage, getting the land prepared for 65 people, campers, food, bathrooms, and all the details of doing all this without electricity.

The end result in Montreal was magical. Everything I could have imagined, the island was alive with people, the energy was amazing. Having such a small group, and a wedding that went on for days in some ways, allowed us to be relaxed and enjoy the company of our friends. Waking up the next morning to coffee and bagels on the dock, taking a swim and enjoying the first beautiful weekend in a long time. We were so lucky.

Then down to Columbus for a simpler planning experience, but a beautiful day. It began with a church service, where I actually felt nervous for the first time. A walk down the isle with beautiful music, followed by some stellar photo taking at a covered bridge. A reception in the Kuenzli backyard with a tent, christmas lights and more candles. A few more people, but very enjoyable.

Oh yes, and for those of you who don't know, we got married for the 1st time, legally, in Montreal in April so we could begin our immigration process.

That being said, we are officially married, 3 times lucky, I hope :) And we are off on our next adventure.

Tomorrow we leave to spend a week or so in Kentucky and then our next stop is Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming.

We will keep you all posted and keept he pictures coming.

Speaking of pictures.

For Montreal wedding shots, some Columbus and a few more along the way, please go to http://picasaweb.google.ca/tjkuenzli

We hired a professional photographer, fellow climbers and friends Wes and Tanya Allen. They took some beautiful shots of the Columbus wedding. Please check those out at
http://redriverweddings.smugmug.com/gallery/5870596_vo56t

Enjoy
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jake and Kim!
Yours was a most wonderful visit!
Just as I didn't realize you would be making your journey in a VW van, I guess you also didn't realize as I cried and stroked the upholstery that our accident was in our VW! The next day I wished I had asked you to drive me around the block, so I could pretend for a few minutes that I was going on a journey around the U.S. too! You will never know how much it meant to me for you to stop and see me...
Tell me - Did you point out on the map that you would be taking I64W to St Louis and I70W to Kansas City? I put a map of the U.S. up on the wall and I will follow your road trip and pray traveling mercies for you. Promise me you'll send a few postcards...I already have a small Christmas present I will mail to your parents house.
I love you Son! Welcome to the family Kim and Whipper
Mama Black

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck with your year on the road!

man! i miss the road!

if you need help, don't hesitate to contact us.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Va,

who are you, all i get is Va

9:48 PM  
Blogger CarolAA said...

Hey married dudes! Where in America are you right now? Why don't you post one paragraph every time you stop somewhere and have web access? Pulease? Enquiring fellow travel freaks want to know!

Hope you're having a blast already!

xxxoo
C, A & the G-dog

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home