Sunday, October 07, 2007

Explorations in Kentucky


Rock Bride
Originally uploaded by climberkim
So, it has been some time since I posted anything, so I will try and catch you guys up on the past, hmm, 6 months I think.
Well, Jake and I moved into a wonderful house which gave us space, privacy and a chance to sleep, away from the hostel. It was wonderful. With the summer also came more free time as things at the hostel quieted down a lot. So, we went out exploring. Though I was in this wonderful and beautiful climbing spot, I felt less like climbing and more like exploring.. So, we did. Paddling, hiking, biking, hiking up rivers, finding paths that most people never see, seeing such untouched beauty, playing with Jake's GPS and discovering the world of Geocaching, camping in remote places with the truck, driving with the truck, hanging out at Miguels and the occasional climbing day. It was truly a beautiful summer in a beautiful place.
August came quickly and with the death of my father (see previous posts) came an abrupt end to the thoughtless and careless days. After the funeral and such, I was back to Kentucky for my last week, and then I headed back to Canada, leaving Jake behind for the time being.
Coming back to the city and work has been quite the challenge. Living with people I barely know, going back to the same job where not much has changed and back to the pollution of the city was a shock to the system. However, I have been able to reconnect with my wonderful friends and family and have had a great time with their love and support.
And of course the babies, no not my babies.. Arianne turned 2 this summer and is doing so wonderfully. She is at an age where she is such a joy to play with (especially when I can give her back).
Sarah had a beautiful baby girl Shoa at the beginning of September and Nancy had a beautiful girl Olivia Ann 4 days ago. I will soon post pictures of all of them. Vero, my good friend and neighbor is due this week. We all wait anxiously for the arrival of their little ???.
And so, life is pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home