Monday, July 07, 2008

A week in Kentucky


Miguels 4th of July
Originally uploaded by climberkim
How good it felt to come back to what I feel is a second home. Having spent a year living there, I have totally fallen in love with everything that the Red River Gorge has to offer.

It was wonderful to reconnect with friends, catching up on the goings on of our lives and a few campfire parties as well.

Though being there in the summer can be very hot, we certainly made the best of our time there. I swam across the reservoir, ran down a beautiful trail (yes, I ran over a mile), climbed until my arms felt sore (easy to do when you haven't climbed all year) and took a beautiful hike through the woods. So many climbers down there don't realize how much else there is to do in the forest, other than climb. Jake and I made some amazing discoveries while exploring with a hiking guidebook and our GPS last summer.

Most importantly, we did absolutely nothing for the weddings, or anything else. It was the first time I had felt so relaxed in a long time. Now, some might say that I'm not working, that life is good, and don't get me wrong, it is. But, an accumulation of to-do lists, wedding planning, and visiting friends and family, opening the cottage, moving into storage and selling a condo and kept us running since we stopped working. Much has been accomplished and it is certainly more enjoyable now to spend days slowly getting things done.

And on that note, I will stop bragging about how wonderful it is not to work and get back to work. 1 more week in Columbus Ohio with Jake's parents until we head home and to the cottage until wedding #1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home